Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Third Age Launches on November 17th

A long time ago, I mentioned that I was working on a magical realist webseries project called The Third Age, and now, after two long years in production, it's finally being released. The debut date is November 17th, new episodes will be released weekly after that. So, if you're wondering, what will I think about now that Mad Men is ending, well you're in luck because T3A will be dropping upon you.



Here's an excerpt from the press docs on the series to give you an idea of what it's about: "The Third Age is a magical realist webseries, a psychedelic remix of classic mythology, telling the story of ordinary people caught up in an eternal war between gods waged on the streets of New York City. The first season consists of thirteen seven minute episodes, distributed by Blip.TV, and will be released weekly, starting November 17th.

The series blends fantasy elements with a reality based setting to tell a story that is personal in focus, but epic in scope. The story crosses a wide range of characters and scenarios, and will unfold in its entirety over the course of two thirteen episode seasons."

You can see more info on the official site or check out the trailers here to get a taste of the visual experience. To keep tabs on the progress, check out the news blog or join the Facebook group.


Also, if you write for a blog or other media outlet, let me know, I'd be happy to set you up with a review screener. Thanks!

4 comments:

malpractice said...

I could review it for the Matinee Idles site or do a small review for it on the podcast if you want. Looks good.

Patrick said...

That'd be awesome, I'm sending you an e-mail on the address you've got linked under blogger. If you don't get that, just e-mail me at patrickmmeaney at gmail.com and I'll send over the link for you.

Glacier said...

I run a movie review blog with the occasional television review, and I could do a write-up if you'd like.

Patrick said...

That'd be great. I checked your blog, but couldn't find an e-mail address, send me an e-mail at the address I mentioned above and I'll get all the stuff to you! I hope you'll enjoy it.