Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Why are all the good concerts when I'm away?

Looking at the news from the music world, I'm increasingly annoyed because after a summer with basically no concerts I want to go to, it seems like in September and October, nearly every band I'd want to see live is playing in New York City, but I can't get there because I'm up at school.

These are just a few of the concerts I'd love to go to, but I have to miss.

Arcade Fire
David Bowie
Sigur Ros
Annie/Royksopp
The Polyphonic Spree
Belle and Sebastian
Oasis
Doves
U2

So, I've got to decide if it's worth coming back for some of these. U2 I have tickets to two of their shows, one is on the weekend before I go on break, and one is on the weekend of break. So, I'm thinking of selling the tickets to the first show and buying tickets to the Across the Narrows festival in Brooklyn, where The Polyphonic Spree and Belle and Sebastian are playing, not to mention Beck also. Basically, if the Spree are playing, I need to be there. Their concert last year was one of the best events I've ever been to.

It's just annoying that these concerts couldn't be one month earlier, because I would have loved to gone to them all. Because there's really been nothing going on concert wise here this summer.

No comments: