Friday, February 23, 2007

The Invisibles #12: 'Best Man Fall'

Sometime ago, I had the idea for a story that would focus on a random soldier in some kind of larger organization. Intercut with this would be a typical action story, focusing on a typical action hero. In the end, the stories would converge when the ‘hero’ kills the random guy. The idea of messing with traditional ideas of good and bad had always fascinated me, and this seemed like a great way to do this. The first time I read ‘Best Man Fall,’ I loved it, but part of me was annoyed because Grant had taken my story idea and done it so well, my story idea was pretty much obsolete. But, at the same time, I was overjoyed by the quality of this story and the way it fit into the world the series had already created. It was the first issue that really made me understand that this series would be something special....

I've taken down my posts on The Invisibles because they're all coming out in book form. The book, Our Sentence is Up, features revised and expanded versions of each blog post, covering every issue of The Invisibles, plus an extensive interview with Morrison himself. Visit your local comic store and order a copy now!

No comments: