Friday, February 16, 2007

The Invisibles #7: 'Arcadia: Part 3: 120 Days of Sod All'

After the action oriented sixth issue, we get one of the series’ most intellectually ambitious issues, Morrison’s treatment of De Sade’s ‘The 120 Days of Sodom.’ I’m not particularly familiar with the original work, I’ve wanted to see Pasolini’s ‘Salo’ for a while now, but it remains frustratingly unavailable. But, I think the story is integrated so well into the series’ themes, it’s not really necessary to understand its relationship to the original...

I've taken down my posts on The Invisibles because they're all coming out in book form. The book, Our Sentence is Up, features revised and expanded versions of each blog post, covering every issue of The Invisibles, plus an extensive interview with Morrison himself. Visit your local comic store and order a copy now!

No comments: