Monday, March 19, 2007

The Invisibles #23: 'The Last Temptation of Jack'

In another bit of synchronicity, right before I was about to read the issue, I flipped over to the Sci-Fi channel and saw that The X-Files was on. A quick bit of examination revealed that this was 'Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati,' the episode in which Mulder is tempted by an easy life away from The X-Files. Like this issue, it was inspired by Scorsese's 'The Last Temptation of Christ,' and like this issue, it is awesome. It's one of my favorite episodes of the series, a really ambitious piece of TV. This was the perfect prelude to the issue, one of my favorites in the volume....

I've taken down my posts on The Invisibles because they're all coming out in book form. The book, Our Sentence is Up, features revised and expanded versions of each blog post, covering every issue of The Invisibles, plus an extensive interview with Morrison himself. Visit your local comic store and order a copy now!

No comments: