Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Invisibles Vol. 2 #14: 'Only Lovers Left Alive'

A quick note first, I've got some non-Invisibles posts coming up later today, including the first review of Crusade, a look at the new Sopranos, and tomorrow, a look at the new Heroes. But, for now, more Invisibles.

Kissing Mister Quimper is my favorite book of all time. This may seem ridiculous, to say that the sixth volume of a comic book is better than everything written in the previous thousands of years of human existence, but I can think of nothing else ever written that is simultaneously so emotional, so cool, so thought provoking, so challenging and mind expanding. Rereading this book for the first time, I was stopping on nearly every page just to put the pieces together and attempt to fully comprehend what I was reading, and by the end I thought I understood what Morrison was saying. Volume III quickly obliterated that idea, but my love of the Volume persists. This is The Invisibles to me, everything great about the series contained in one volume....

I've taken down my posts on The Invisibles because they're all coming out in book form. The book, Our Sentence is Up, features revised and expanded versions of each blog post, covering every issue of The Invisibles, plus an extensive interview with Morrison himself. Visit your local comic store and order a copy now!

No comments: